Our hospital has been serving residents of The Villages® as well as patients in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties since 2002. We are excited to tell you that UF Health announced in January the acquisition of our hospital. Our new name is UF Health The Villages® Hospital. On February 3, 2020 we held the ribbon cutting for our new UF Health The Villages® Hospital Freestanding ER on State Road 44 in The Villages®. UF Health has also agreed to break ground within two years on a new state-of-the-art hospital which will be located in the southern part of The Villages®. UF Health’s plans in our area will include top-notch doctors and health experts, a variety of nationally ranked healthcare services, education, research, and access to the latest medical advances and clinical trials. Together we want to build a national model for expanding life expectancy through a healthy, active, continuous learning approach to living for the largest adult community in the country. Our Foundation is pleased to be a part of this incredible expansion of our health system which already includes national certifications in so many areas shown below.
Since its opening with 63 beds, the hospital has seen several expansions. After the latest addition, there are currently 317 beds including an in-house acute rehabilitation hospital. The hospital has advanced programs in orthopedic surgery with a recognized Joint Center. Leading-edge cardiac catheterization labs and a recently added Digital Vascular Suite ensure prompt care for patients with cardiac and vascular issues. UF Health The Villages® Hospital is the area's only Advanced Primary Stroke Center. Comprehensive emergency services are provided by our full-service Emergency Room. The growing array of specialty services includes robotic surgery and neurosurgery in conjunction with the 30-bed in-house acute rehabilitation hospital which offers inpatient rehabilitation services for those who have had a stroke, traumatic brain injury or other neurological disorders.
We are especially proud of the hospital's many certifications, accreditations and services explained in more detail below:
- Chest Pain Center. Our hospital is accredited by the American College of Cardiology as a Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI and Resuscitation. There are 2 cardiac catheterization labs on site and a third is being planned.
- Emergency Room. Our E.R. has the capacity to treat up to 50 patients with access to an entire Heart Institute, the area's only neurosurgery team and more than 100 other specialists. Additionally, a 16-bed, 24-hour freestanding emergency department opened in early 2020 in the Wildwood area.
- The Joint Institute. Our hospital offers a wide range of innovative orthopedic procedures designed to relieve pain, improve mobility, and provide the freedom to pursue everyday activities. Patients receive the highest standard in joint replacement care through the use of modern, minimally-invasive techniques.
- Inpatient Oncology Unit. Our hospital earned accreditation with commendation from the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer (CoC). Additionally, we have received the Jean Byers Award for excellence in cancer registration from the Florida Cancer Data System every year since the inception of our cancer registry program in 2004.
- Rehabilitation Hospital. Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) with 30 beds for acute inpatient rehabilitation.
- Primary Stroke Center. The hospital is certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and is also designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration. It was recently awarded the Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement and Target: Stroke Honor Roll Bronze Level awards. To qualify for the Stroke Honor Roll, the hospital had to meet quality measures developed to reduce the time between the patient’s arrival at the hospital and treatment with the clot-buster (tPA) the only drug approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat ischemic stroke. UF Health The Villages® Hospital remains dedicated to improving the quality of care for our stroke patients in order to improve patient outcomes.
- Surgical Services. Our hospital offers state-of-the-art robotic surgery with the da Vinci Xi surgical system and our new Digital Vascular Surgery Suite.
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center. Our Center received the Healogics, Inc. President's Circle distinction which was given in recognition of outstanding performance in patient satisfaction and healing rates. Out of 413 eligible Centers, only 29 were honored with this award nationwide. For five consecutive years, the Center has been recognized as a Robert A. Warriner III, Center of Excellence, achieving patient satisfaction rates higher than 92 percent and a healing rate of at least 91 percent in less than 30 median days to heal.